Friday, April 01, 2011

Speaking of great singers... RIP Meat Loaf 1947-2011

RIP Meat Loaf: "I Would Do Anything For Love" was my favorite song like, in the world, ever, for a good year of my life.  I had the whole, 12 minute version memorized back in the day.



Never forget you, Meat.

And Paradise by the Dashboard Light ain't so bad, either.

(Great website for keeping up on who's dead, and who's not: http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/pages-nf/main)

And yeah. this IS an april fools hoax. Meat Loaf is still alive and rocking.

11 comments:

John from Daejeon said...

Where did you learn of his death? I don't think it is true on this April 1st or I at least hope this is a joke.

Anonymous said...

He's dead? The news hasn't hit the mainstream press in the US yet.RIP Meatloaf

TWEffect said...

I can't find anything on google news and you didn't link anything. April Fools?

Gomushin Girl said...

And I would do anything for a good April Fool's joke, but I won't believe that.

shotgunkorea said...

Whaaat??? I've met Meatloaf-- he liked to make sexual jokes-- where did you hear so quickly that he died?? I can't find any news of it...

Anonymous said...

Oh man! you tricked me! I totally fell for it!

Charles Montgomery said...

This is clearly an April Fool's joke as Rob is far too musically sensitive to have liked the Meatloaf of "I would Do Anything For You" when the Meatloaf of RHPS had died..

Roboseyo said...

everybody's musical taste had to start somewhere, Charles. Mine was that, and "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"

chiam said...

TMI, dude....TMI

Roboseyo said...

I WAS twelve at the time, in my defense, Chiam. Everybody has SOMETHING they were ashamed of when they were 12. Mine happens to be singing meatloaf in the shower.

Michael J said...

Is this your version of a "Rick Roll"? I almost died!